Thursday, April 17, 2008
The Discovery
do not imagine that the exploration
ends, that she has yielded all her mystery
or that the map you hold cancels further discovery
I tell you her uncovering takes years,
takes centuries, and when you find her naked,
look again,
admit there is something else you cannot name,
a veil, a coating just about the flesh
which you cannot remove by your mere wish
when you see the land naked, look again
(burn your maps, that is not what I mean),
I mean the moment when it seems most plain
is the moment when you must begin again.
by Gwendolyn MacEwen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
guau....
que importante es saber como buscar y buscar... ser insaciable y realmente creer que todos somos un mundo, cambiante...
me fascinó la cita, recuerda a esos pasajes de Proust junto al cuerpo de Albertina dormida, retirada en su misterio.
Post a Comment