Monday, April 6, 2009

The weather (or e-Small talk)

For centuries, the weather has been the primary subject of banal conversation between individuals that meet on the street and have no desire to share any deep or personal thoughts. More recently, with the dawn of the taxi, the weather has become the theme of choice for passengers that want to avoid the awkward silence that occurs when riding alone in the back seat of someone else's car.

Today, as the internet becomes the medium of choice for communication within the human species, it is only normal to expect that the weather will soon take over as the main source of inspiration for armies of bloggers trying desperately to publish their voice to an anonymous crowd of readers. So today, dear blogfans, I feel it is my duty to engage in some small talk and tell you about the weather:

OMG this weather is crazy. I can't believe it was snowing on April 1st and yesterday it was 15 degrees (Celsius)! Just last week, I was walking around with a winter coat and a scarf and today I'm considering wearing flip flops and a t-shirt. Jeeez! Gotta love Vancouver.

(Yes, unfortunately, it is rather difficult to talk about the weather using formal language, for fear of sounding like a television weather man. i.e. "a low pressure system entering the province from the north will disperse the cold air and bring springlike temperatures and clear skies on Sunday.")

No comments: