Today, I'm in Mexico City waiting impatiently for my father's suprise birthday party. He's turning 60 and I decided that the best gift would be to grab a plane and show up at his party. Hopefully there will be a microphone lying around somewhere, because not only do I intend to sing, but my father is the funniest talk show host you can imagine when it comes to his own celebrations! Needless to say, I'm planning to make an explosive entrance that involves being concealed inside an enormous cake. I can't wait to see his face! (the interesting thing about surprise parties is that the surprise becomes perfectly reciprocal).

AND, by mere chance, I'm also waiting impatiently for the most anticipated and talked-about event of the year. Radiohead in Mexico City. I repeat, RADIOHEAD in Mexico City! As you may recall, I already saw this tour in Vancouver, but I can't even begin to explain how different this will be. In fact, I can't even say that it's the same tour. (I don't think I need to explain the difference between the boring Vancouver crowds that simply "chill" at concerts and the 80,000 screaming Mexican souls that sing each and every song from beginning to end) Mexico has been waiting 13 years for this concert and it took me only a minute or two of navigating through the radio frequencies today to realize that this megalopolis has high pressure Radiohead pumping through its veins. In other words, the history of Radiohead will have a before DF and an after DF. I hope Thom Yorke understands what he is up against tomorrow night, otherwise he's in for his ultimate surprise party.

4 comments:
insanely jealous...
You must have been the epitome of a mexican jumping bean at that concert.
Estoy 100% de acuerdo contigo en cuanto al publico. Había olvidado lo bello que es estar en la multitud de un concierto en México. Q ambiente... Uff... estuvo increíble el concierto. Las mejores visualizaciones que he visto en mucho tiempo.
full-effect birthday-cake-jumping includes lingerie - so you better have manned-up and put on some panties.
Post a Comment